Categories: Vendor News
Date: 2011-08-02 10:23:08
Title: Check Point Raises the Bar
Check Point has launched a new high-end offering, 21400 Appliance that combines high-speed networking technologies with lightning fast firewall throughput of up to 100 Gbps and IPS throughput of up to 21 Gbps (default profile).
Check Point has launched a new high-end offering, 21400 Appliance that combines high-speed networking technologies with lightning fast firewall throughput of up to 100 Gbps and IPS throughput of up to 21 Gbps (default profile). The Check Point 21400 is designed to optimize a full range of software blade protections, providing large enterprises and data centers with industry-leading security and performance.
Built from the ground up, the 21400 is designed to optimize a full range of software blades – providing large enterprises and data centers with the next-generation platform to build their 3D Security blueprint. The Check Point 21400 has an SPU rating of 2,900, the highest performance and SPU ranking available for a 2U hardware design. Check Point 21400 also features a new design with a security acceleration card that is optimized to deliver protection in low-latency, transaction-oriented environments and boost performance to 100 Gbps.
Key features of the Check Point 21400 Appliance:
- Maximum Security and Performance – Offers maximum security and availability of business-critical applications, with up to 100 Gbps of firewall throughput and IPS throughput of up to 21 Gbps (default profile).
- High Port Density – Includes high port density of up to 37 ports or 12 10GbE ports and enables customers to easily secure highly-segmented network environments.
- Optimized for low latency – Optional security acceleration card optimizes dataflow for low-latency, transaction-oriented environments and boosts raw bandwidth to 100 Gbps (optional and available in 2012).
- Optimized for Software Blades Architecture – Packaged with 12 software blades to provide a turn-key security solution for quick deployment, including: Firewall, VPN, Intrusion Prevention, Identity Awareness, Advanced Networking, Acceleration & Clustering, Mobile Access for 5 concurrent users, Application Control, URL Filtering, Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware, Anti-Spam & Email Security and Data Loss Prevention. Customers can extend their protection further, selecting from a family of over 30 Check Point software blades that span across network security, endpoint security and security management.
- High Availability and Serviceability – Equipped with hot-swappable redundant power supplies, offering carrier-grade serviceability and business continuity.
- Simple Deployment and Management – Offers local management with optional Web-based administration or central management capabilities to ensure quick, easy and secure administration from anywhere in the network.
Click this link to find more!